She started like this, with Katherine sitting behind her, she was really nervous. The horse was huge compared to her, and she was super worried that the horse was going to start running.
But then she got brave and rode by herself with Katherine holding onto the reins.
But before we left Brookie was pro at riding by herself (With Katherine leading the horse)
But she was doing awesome. She still was a little afraid that the horse was going to run, but she still did a great job. When we were done she kept asking when we were going to do it again.
So she got her way, but she still wouldn't give me a smile, but she was actually totally loving it and would have probably rode as much as Brookie.
Ryan was content in playing with the dirt, so Jocee joined him. I kept thinking about how yucky it was, so we made sure to wash our hands after, but they were happy and content. Paxton was asleep the whole time and just stayed in the car.
Katherine agreed to teach Brookie each week, so I am super excited for Brookie, even though I keep thinking about horses and how much they are.... oh well I have a while to think about that!
2 comments:
Wow, what a great experience. I didn't realize you where homeschooling. I've thought about it a lot for Gwenevere and Grace. We'll see what we do but any advice or thoughts on the matter would be welcomed.
We use k12, Its not as scary as I thought it would be! I have to teach her but it gives me the materials and tells me everything I need to say. I feel like I never want to put my kids in public school again, but thats because our schools here don't have as many opportunities for things that other schools might have, we are pretty poor in this area! And we are far from everywhere so our kids don't get the opportunity for hands on learning and feild trips like other places. SO this way I can just take them and spend time with them! I really have no complaints about the program or homeschooling! But I have just started too!
Post a Comment