Mommy, Paxton, Ryan, Brookie, Jocelynn, &Daddy

Mommy, Paxton, Ryan, Brookie, Jocelynn, &Daddy

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It Starts....

Okay a little back story.... We have baby signing time, and on it the girl is just a little......weird...well her facial expressions can be funny. Anyway one part of the movie is about opposites, and Aaron likes to mimic Rachel (the girl from the movie) and he says "when I say Hot whats the opposite word?, the opposite word is Ugly." No that's not what she says, that's Aarons way of making fun of it... well every time Brookie hears that she tries to tell Aaron that's wrong, so she finally asked why he kept saying that, and he told her that it is sort of an opposite, and she was confused and asked how... I know I don't want him teaching our kids this either.... but I did finally tell her that when she is older she will probably refer to boys as being Hot instead of cute....
Okay so this past week Aaron started his Summer Camps with the College. This week he is teaching the kindergarten to 2nd graders about animals. Brookie, since she will be in kindergarten this year, is able to go to work with Daddy. Well after that whole spill Aaron turned to me and told me that today, while Brookie was sitting by some really "hot" boy, turned to Aaron and said "Daddy he's really cute, I like him" again...while the boy was sitting right next to her! I turned to Aaron and said "you know she got all the flirting genes from you, right." Yes when I first met Aaron I couldn't believe how much of a flirt he was, yes it was shocking and Yes its starting....with Brookie... So this is the conversation I had with Brookie...
Me: What the, did you really do that?
Brookie: He is really cute. I turned my head and he was sitting by me and I was like "oh, Hi, your the boy I wanted to sit by, I wanted to sit by you  for a long time. He is really fun to me.
Me: Is he cuter than Justin (a boy that Brookie has been in love with since we have lived here, and they say that they are going to marry each other)
Brookie: Yes, kindof, yea
Me: Would you marry... whats his name?
Brookie: Its Jayton, and Yes, if he is cuter, but he is pretty cute, I like him very much, to much. I think I like him to much, I think.
Me: What do you think Justin would say?
Brookie: I think he would say, "Hey I thought you were going to marry me."
Me: There better not be any Kissing!
Brookie: I wouldn't kiss
Me: You got that right...
Brookie: I really don't want to stop talking about him
Me: You DON'T want to stop talking about him?
Brookie: Ya, he is just so cute I don't want to stop talking about him
Me: Okay so tell me about him
Brookie: Okay, well he has Brown hair and he is 5, but I don't really know when his birthday is though.
Me: What else?
Brookie: Well he is really nice and he runs super fast because he tagged me when we were playing worm, worm, bird... two times.
There wasn't much after that, she just keeps asking me what I keep typing. She does keep repeating everything she has already said, so I guess she can't stop talking or thinking about him. I asked her what she was going to do tomorrow and she said she was going to talk to him again and try and sit by him, but she isn't sure if he is in her group. But man, already? She hasn't even started school yet and Brookie is already a big time flirt, and already acts like she is in love... I never really thought about when she gets older, guess I better start. We are going to start diving into the Strength of Youth so that way when she is older she will have that whole thing memorized, ESPECIALLY the dating section!
But I will say it was pretty cute and funny!

3 comments:

Megs said...

That's so cool that she gets to go to camp! And I'm sorry your daughter is a major flirt. I was boy-crazy starting at Brookie's age, and it was not fun for my parents!

James and Elizabeth said...

I'm jealous. I so wish we had signing time. My girls love to sign I just wish I knew more signs.

And that's cool Brookie get's to go to camp with her dad.

And I was totally laughing out loud about the little flirt you have.

Alicia said...

Haha...you can't blame it all on Aaron! :) she sounds just like her mama!! What a doll!