Mommy, Paxton, Ryan, Brookie, Jocelynn, &Daddy

Mommy, Paxton, Ryan, Brookie, Jocelynn, &Daddy

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Two Words.... GEL TOES!!

Why after not writing for 9 months am I writing about Gel Toes? Because after getting my toes done, I couldn't stop looking at them. It seemed silly to me that I couldn't stop looking at them, and that having my toes done made me feel so pretty. I stopped and wondered when the last time was that I got my hair done professionally, like colored, not store bought and my husband doing it for me, when I got my nails done, or toes done, or have been able to really get ready, or go shopping... without kids. And it has been a long time! So even just the smallest thing as getting my toes done, and seeing them sparkle made me sparkle that day. Cheesy as it may sound, its true! As moms we are truly busy non-stop, and on top of that we also have callings in the church, and other duties that fall on us as being a wife, how do we keep up with it all? Well I know for me just the "small and simple things" like getting my toes done helped me to feel good and helped me to feel re-energized... it made me blog!! SO I am putting a challenge out there to those women who are feeling a little down to go and get your toes done, or nails, or whatever makes you happy. Scrapbook, play some music, dance, get ready for the day, something you haven't been able to do for a long while, and that will make you happy! . Just take some time for you, because I realized that when you take time for yourself, then your really able to take care of your family. Part of the challenge is when your done, please share with me what you have done, and post it on your own blog so that others can follow in your example! Don't forget to take a picture!! ;)

2 comments:

John and Tawnya Hoover said...

Wait wait wait!! i missed you havng another baby?? COngrats!

Ashley said...

i want gel toes!! let's get our toes done when you come up for the 4th!!! love you :)