
So I am now the Young Woman Counselor! yay! Well one day when I was going up to the church for a meeting the President called before I got out the door and said that there was a SNAKE in front of the church door. Well poor girl is from Utah and is NOT a fan of snakes (I can relate!) and she called not knowing what to do. I guess its a natural thing for people to call Aaron since he is a Biology man, and our house seems like it is swarming with pets. (thanks to all of his Biology students last year!) Well Aaron was super excited for the chance to play with snakes and I think play the hero! ;) When we got up there Aaron ran out of the car and immediately identified the snake as a Bull Snake. I guess they are pretty much harmless, not like that makes any difference to me!! Aaron immediately picked up the snake and started showing it off to all the little boys that were just ending cub scouts. Let me just say at this point I was doing all I could to not freak out because Brookie, seeing what Daddy was doing, was right there beside Aaron.
Maybe I was secretly hoping Brookie would be like me in a sense that she would HATE ALL SNAKES AND BUGS, but I guess she got that gene from Aaron. YES Aaron and I have a disagreement all the time about how these things are learned not inherited, however I beg to differ! Well once I was needing to really go in and get out of this stress mess for me, another snake came slithering up.... ugh! I was worried about Ryan and Brookie so I ended up taking them in with me to the meeting so Aaron could take the snakes home, JUST FOR THE NIGHT!! After about 40 minutes and still no Aaron, and kids going crazy, and trying to have a spiritual meeting, I looked out to find Aaron still hold the snakes and talking with all the cub scout leaders and boys. I think with my "knocking" and "lovingly looking" at Aaron we quickly realized it was time to go. After shooting down Aaron's idea of putting the kids in their seats and putting the snakes in back of the Jeep (not in anything, just slithering around...again..ugh...) Aaron got in another car who followed me home with the kids, and I returned to my meeting to find yet another snake! oh yes! This time when Aaron came up he brought a bucket to put it in (WITH A LID!) and I didn't have to worry about my children! I always told Aaron that there would be no snakes in our house for pets....EVER. He lucked out with one night, and as a result Brookie is now obsessed with her "nice snakes." Don't get me wrong they still left first thing the next morning to live at the community college, but I must admit Brookie was pretty cute being like daddy and his little Princess!
Maybe I was secretly hoping Brookie would be like me in a sense that she would HATE ALL SNAKES AND BUGS, but I guess she got that gene from Aaron. YES Aaron and I have a disagreement all the time about how these things are learned not inherited, however I beg to differ! Well once I was needing to really go in and get out of this stress mess for me, another snake came slithering up.... ugh! I was worried about Ryan and Brookie so I ended up taking them in with me to the meeting so Aaron could take the snakes home, JUST FOR THE NIGHT!! After about 40 minutes and still no Aaron, and kids going crazy, and trying to have a spiritual meeting, I looked out to find Aaron still hold the snakes and talking with all the cub scout leaders and boys. I think with my "knocking" and "lovingly looking" at Aaron we quickly realized it was time to go. After shooting down Aaron's idea of putting the kids in their seats and putting the snakes in back of the Jeep (not in anything, just slithering around...again..ugh...) Aaron got in another car who followed me home with the kids, and I returned to my meeting to find yet another snake! oh yes! This time when Aaron came up he brought a bucket to put it in (WITH A LID!) and I didn't have to worry about my children! I always told Aaron that there would be no snakes in our house for pets....EVER. He lucked out with one night, and as a result Brookie is now obsessed with her "nice snakes." Don't get me wrong they still left first thing the next morning to live at the community college, but I must admit Brookie was pretty cute being like daddy and his little Princess!
3 comments:
what an adventure!! Kenzie I'm with you on the snakes. However we nearly stepped on one when we went hiking up at the White tanks a few years back.
gross and double gross! I am sure you are a great YW leader. Snakes are GROSS.
ugh Gross! What a brave girl! I cannot believe how big she is! That cute little thing that used to play on her blanket next to us in Sacrament meeting.
Post a Comment