Mommy, Paxton, Ryan, Brookie, Jocelynn, &Daddy

Mommy, Paxton, Ryan, Brookie, Jocelynn, &Daddy

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

This is my sweet grandpa. He was 77 years old when he passed away this last Friday. He was a loving grandpa, and also very "old school." He was very active in the church and was also not afraid to help his family realize things that needed to be more of a priority in our lives. He was an awesome example to all of us, and taught us through his example. He was very good at family history, painting, gardening, fishing, and writing his personal life stories.
Through visiting him this last week and spending time looking at books he had written of his life, pictures he had taken of things, I needed to be better at writing my life stories. I am not a good writer, but I feel that its a whole lot better than not! I also realized how much of a peacemaker he was. He never liked when family didn't get along and he always would try to resolve things. He was forgiving and just wanted what was best for us. It has helped me this past week to put situations that arose in perspective. What mattered more, to be right or to be forgiving. I am just so grateful for his example, his love, and patience. I am just so happy that I was able to see him one last time, and to learn and grow from the experience.

1 comment:

James and Elizabeth said...

Grandparents are the best and he sounds like the very best. Sending you love.